Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Week 8 - Digital Story Telling

This week we learned about digital storytelling in which images, audio, and videos are used to display a story or reveal something to its audience. It can be used in a multitude of ways from personal enjoyment to professional projects. Digital storytelling is very similar to how we have told stories for all of mankind, but now using the digital technologies that we have discovered. We also read an article about we use these digital tools to make images look imperfect or older as cameras did prior to the turn of the century in order for them to tell a story or make a point. The way digital technologies have evolved allows us to convey stories in an endless amount of ways.

I do not see digital storytelling as a very prominent tool in my field of education. Possibly for Power Point Presentations, but I do not plan to have those often. I would use this kind of technology for personal use more so than for in my classroom to educate my students. One way it would be very beneficial is for student projects in which they utilize this tool. There could be use to it for educators, but I do not plan on using it often in my classroom.

Digital Storytelling - We Didn't Start the Fire
This is a video that coincides with the lyrics from Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire". I did not realize that his lyrics went in chronological order and told a story of America's past like it does. It was really interesting to watch the video with the images and it shows what digital storytelling should look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment