Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Week 5

This week we learned about using different types of tools and other software. This included open source software, using Wordle, and using other internet tools. There was also a section in our lesson about learning theories and different ways of thinking and learning. Bloom's Taxonomy is an example of how we develop the skills to think critically. Also, we learned how to make concept-maps in order to organize thoughts, activities, assignments, or just about anything.

Some of these tools will help me, but I do not think that most of it will with the teaching profession. The teaching styles and the ways we think critically would definitely be helpful. The teaching styles give me different ways to educate my students and formulate lesson plans. Plus, showing my students how to think critically and how to approach their work and situations with a critical mind set.

I used this image, Bloom's Taxonomy, because it shows what I hope my students will be able to achieve. That would be going from Lower Order Thinking Skills to Higher Order.

No comments:

Post a Comment